Follow-up After Your Workshop
These materials will be helpful in reinforcing your Science Communication Workshop experience following the workshop. The Alda Center materials anchor some of the main points you learned during the Distilling, Improvisation and Media Training sessions. The other readings may help you dive deeper and learn more about these topics. Please also check our LEARN section for follow-up online training opportunities.
Alda Center Materials
- Improvising Your Way Forward
- Distilling Tips
- Dealing with Complexity
- Storytelling Tips
- Storytelling Resources
- Media Interview Tips
- Recommended Books and Videos
- Public and Scientists' Views on Science and Society - Pew Research Center
- Public and Scientists Express Strikingly Different Views about Science-Related Issues - Pew Research Center
- Attention, All Scientists: Do Improv, With Alan Alda’s Help - The New York Times
- What Scientists Can Learn from Poets
- Tina Fey's Rules of Improv
- Scientists' Intuitive Failures
- Science Needs Voices
- NSF Public attitudes towards science - ch.7
Please take a moment to view some testimonials from our previous workshops. If you would like to provide feedback related to your workshop experience, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr. Laura Lindenfeld is Executive Director of the Alan Alda Center for Communicating Science and Professor in the School of Journalism at Stony Brook University. She holds a Ph.D. in cultural studies from the University of California, Davis. As the Alda Center Director, she oversees a dynamic organization that has trained over 12,000 scientists worldwide and introduced over 40,000 to the Alda Method®.
Assistant Professor of Practice & Message Design Lead
Radha Ganesan has been working in the areas of Education and Training for the past 13 years. She comes with extensive experience in designing and delivering professional development learning experiences for a wide range of sectors.
Carol Schindler has been a creative director, writer and speech coach for corporate conferences for the past 25 years. She has worked in every area of the corporate world from pharmaceutical, high tech, service industries and financial institutions.